GO (golang): Develop Modern, Fast & Secure Web Applications
GO (golang): Develop Modern, Fast & Secure Web Applications, A comprehensive introduction to developing fast & secure web applications in GO (beginners & fairly advanced developers).
You are invited on an exciting journey where you will learn, with guidance, to use Google’s GO programming language to develop modern web applications that are highly scalable in both depth and scope. You’ll take advantage of the extraordinary capabilities GO holds for full-stack developers to build all sorts of server/client-based applications.
This course is intended as a rich resource for learning programming basics as well as concepts in general and developing modern and fast web application with Google’s GO (golang) programming language in particular – a comprehensive learning experience.
The easiest way to learn new programming techniques and modern concepts in software design is to apply them using real-life examples. In this course you will learn how to plan, implement, test, debug and finally install a modern web application – a homepage for renting out bungalows as vacation homes – on a web server.
Besides programming in GO, this course also deals with
- HTML5 / CSS / DOM
- SQL / PostgreSQL
- Migrations / FIZZ
- Routes, Handlers, Models
- Tests, Error Handling
- Linux (bash), Windows (Command Line), macOS (bash)
- git / github
- Installation on a webserver
- and much more
While suitable for beginners with basic programming experience, it is designed to be a resource for fairly advanced developers. It’s filled with examples, explanations, and clarifications of concepts needed to develop modern, fast and secure web applications, and comes with a code repository on Github and a detailed course outline as PDF, which serves as part of the course.
Included external packages an dependencies:
- go-chi | Router
- scs | Sessions
- nosurf | CSRF-Token
- govalidator | Validator (server-sided)
- pgx/v5 | PostgreSQL Driver & Toolkit
- go-simple-mail | Golang package for sending e-mail
- Caddy 2 | a powerful, enterprise-ready, open source web server with automatic HTTPS written in GO
Also playing a part:
- RoyalUI-Free-Bootstrap-Admin-Template | Free Bootstrap 4 Admin Template
- Simple-DataTables | DataTables but in TypeScript transpiled to Vanilla JS
- postgres | PostgreSQL Server (mirror only)
- pop | Soda/Migrations – standardization of database tasks
- dbeaver | Dbeaver – free multi-platform database tool
- MailHog | Web and API based SMTP testing
- Foundation for Emails 2 | Quickly create responsive HTML e-mails that work
- Cobra | A Framework for Modern CLI Apps in GO
- GoDotEnv | A GO port of Ruby’s dotenv library
When you sign up for this course, you have lifetime access to the course. You can learn at your own pace and return to content at any time for deeper insights or to learn additional concepts when you are ready.
- This course also comes with a 100% money back guarantee.
- I think this is one of the most comprehensive courses in English for developing modern, fast, and secure web applications from scratch.
- And if for some reason the course doesn’t work for you, you can get a full refund within the first 14 days*.
You can get great value from this course and, more importantly, you’ll have a great time learning one of the best programming languages ever – the GO programming language, the fastest growing programming language with the highest paid programmers in the US within the last years.
GO is an open-source programming language that makes it easy to develop simple, reliable, and efficient software.
GO was developed by computer science luminaries at one of the best, if not the best, software development companies ever – Google. The design and implementations are by Robert Griesemer, Rob Pike and Ken Thompson.
GO is a very good choice for learning a programming language because it was developed by some of the same people who created the C programming language, Unix, and UTF-8 – some of the most influential contributions to computer science. With GO Robert Griesemer, Rob Pike, and Ken Thompson created a modern programming language that can easily run on multiple processors in parallel, works smoothly in different environments, and makes it easy for programmers to write programs with a very streamlined and user-friendly syntax.
Why did Google develop a new programming language?
In Google’s words, “GO was born out of frustration with existing languages and environments for systems programming. Programming had become too difficult and the choice of languages was partly to blame. One had to choose either
- efficient compilation,
- efficient execution, or
- ease of programming;
Finally, working with GO is intended to be fast: it should take at most a few seconds to build a large executable on a single computer. To meet these goals required addressing a number of linguistic issues: an expressive but lightweight type system; concurrency and garbage collection; rigid dependency specification; and so on. These cannot be addressed well by libraries or tools; a new language was called for.”
Learn with me the advantages in web programming of one of the best programming languages ever developed. You will get knowledge, ideas, concepts, inspiration and code examples to design software and applications yourself according to your wishes.
* Check Udemy’s Terms and Conditions for details.